- Develop and define major and minor characteristics for quality, including metrics, recommended testing software, and scoring parameters.
- Establish goals and objectives for appropriate testing cycles.
- Understand software requirements to create and deliver testing estimates, testing metrics (defect metrics), testing implementation plans based on those requirements.
- Develop clear and comprehensive test strategies and test cases (manual and automated) for unit, process, function, integration and acceptance testing.
- Perform test executions and write test scripts for complex integrated systems.
- Lead test strategies across multiple projects and initiatives.
- Collaborate with technical teams in planning and building of the test environments.
- Comply with standards of software development life cycle and follow strategies, plans and procedures within Information Technology, aligned with the company’s governance.
- Consult with Development team and Business units to ensure full coverage of acceptance criteria to be met during testing.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, usability...etc.
- Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications for QC team members.
- Trace the team members’ performance and ensure time plans are respected.
- Monitor team performance and activities.
- Ensure that all the technical documentation have been written correctly and comply with the company standards.
- Apply basic professional knowledge related to testing processes and tools used within the team.
- Provide ongoing technical guidance and leadership for the team members.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years' experience Functional, Regression and Load testing suites.
- Excellent experience in developing QC plans as well as translating them into test cases and executing them.
- Extensive technical background in software development tools and techniques.
- Excellent experience with one or more of testing tools / frameworks e.g. Loadrunner, Selenium, HP Service Test, HP-QC/ALM, SOAPUI...etc.
- Excellent knowledge of multitier architecture.
- Excellent understanding of Enterprise Application Development.
- Excellent experience with configuration management systems e.g. SVN, TFS, Git...etc.
- Excellent experience with Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases.
- Excellent knowledge of testing methodology.
- 3+ years' experience running test suites on web services.
- 3+ years' experience with creating test automation suite.
- 2+ years' experience writing SQL queries.
- Excellent Cross platform skills
- Expertise in SDLC models, including RUP and Agile (SCRUM).
- Attention to details and strong problem-solving skills.
- Proactive and able to work with minimal dependence.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent in English and Arabic Language.
- Time Management Skills.
- High leadership skills (customer insight, breakthrough thinking, drive to achieve, team leadership, straight talk, decisiveness, teamwork, knowledge transfer, personal dedication, passion for the business).
- Demonstrates the company’s core values: Accountability, Make Things Happen, Excellence, Customer Focused, Teamwork, and Innovation.
- Effectively uses teamwork skills to interact and collaborate on technical issues within teams and departments.
- Presentation skills (ability to present to 1st and 2nd line managers, internal meetings).